Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Five Things Thing

My sister Karen "tagged" me five times to do this five things thing. But I'm actually happy to do it. It's fun to think about my responses as well as read the responses of others.
So here we go!

5 things I was doing 5 years ago:
1. finding myself as a junior in high school (this process is ongoing)
2. singing with every available moment
3. playing volleyball
4. applying to BYU (the only university I applied to)
5. dreaming about the future (particularly my future love story--Tracy was already at BYU waiting for me to get there. haha)

5 Things on my to do list today: (Today is busier than some other days.)
1. teach my English 202 class and tutor in the WSU Writing Center
2. work on my music collection
3. make fajitas for dinner
4. make cookies (and of course eat half the dough myself)
5. worry about Tracy (This week, he has three more labs to teach, geophysics homework, a geophysics test, lab papers to grade, and some other assignments that I can't remember)

5 Things I would do with a million dollars: (the Bare Naked Ladies's song is in my head when I answer this one: "If I had a million dollars, I'd be rich.")
1. go to Britain for as long as I can
2. save for a house (who knows where we'll end up!)
3. pay off all our debts (for school and our car mostly, but also all the unofficial donations)
4. travel to Europe
5. go to Britain again and again :)

5 Places I have lived: (other than Pullman, WA, and College Station, TX, this summer)
1. Provo, Utah
2. Rapid City, South Dakota
3. Ithaca, New York
4. Great Falls, Montana
5. Mesa, Arizona

5 Jobs I have held:
1. magazine writer (so what if the articles were only 500 words long and the total pay of the articles will be $200!!!)
2. store clerk at Pioneer Book
3. BYU Writing Center tutor
4. WSU Writing Center tutor/teacher (they prefer I say that I "facilitate" not teach, but I really do)
5. Religious Studies Center editor (one of the best experiences I've had. I hope I get to use those skills elsewhere)

5 things I want to be doing in 5 Years:
1. starting a family
2. editing for a magazine or book publishing company
3. learning French or Latin
4. living in a somewhat permanent location
5. living my life to the fullest!!

1 comment: