Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some Favorite Quotes of the Day

If you asked me to tell you my all-time favorite quotes, I would take weeks or months to finish the personally daunting task. Too many people have said too many cool and meaningful things! But some of these are quotes that have stuck out to me lately. New or other quotes will probably appeal to me soon, but for now, these are on my mind.

"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Thought we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely." --Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." --Henry David Thoreau

"Writing is easy: all you do is sit staring at the blank sheet of paper until the drops of blood form on your forearm." --Gene Fowler

"Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourse of my book-friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness." --Helen Keller

"Nothing great is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen." --Epictetus

1 comment:

  1. You are so profound! My favorite quote at the moment is "Take luck!"

    ReplyDelete