Monday, December 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo Winner!


"This is how you do it: you sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until its done. It's that easy and that hard." --Neil Gaiman

"There is no real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." --Frank Herbert

"Writing for me is largely rewriting." --Khaled Hosseini

I won!! Out of more than 300,000 people who signed up for NaNoWriMo, only 41,940 people completed it, including me!

Okay, I'm done trumpeting my own triumph.

I still have a bit left to do to get the rest of my story down on paper (or screen), but getting this far pushes me to complete it. Maintaining the pace through the holidays will be challenging, but if I can get at least a couple productive writing days in a week, it hopefully won't take too much longer to finish.

And then . . . the games and the editing begin. I only hope that I don't end up trashing one fourth or more in the editing process, but if that's what will make the story better, so be it.

Thanks for all the congratulations! I have amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment