Saturday, November 7, 2009

This Girl's Girly Weekend

While Tracy is out in the wilderness, hiking the Oklahoman terrain, looking at rocks, taking vigorous notes for a thorough Dr. Pope, and laboring geologically from 6 a.m. to 6 or 7 p.m., I have the house to myself. Whoa! What should I do? Perhaps the question should be what can't I do?

So far I have watched You've Got Mail, one of my all-time favorite chick flicks, and eaten pizza. (Don't worry. I didn't eat it all. I had to save room for candy and Oreos. Only somewhat JK.) While I watched, I painted a first coat on two shelves and a small sign. Yay!!!

What should I do today? I'll apply a second coat of paint to the shelves. I'm going to a baby shower this afternoon. I'll probably finish off the pizza and try to avoid all the other junk food we have somehow accrued these past couple of weeks. (Dang it!) I'll probably watch a few more chick flicks or musicals, because Tracy gets most of the airtime with football when he's here. I have to take advantage of this opportunity. Hello Dolly, Phantom of the Opera, or Sense and Sensibility?

I have missed him though. I hate going to bed alone and being the only one in the house. It's scary. But it has been nice having the house to myself and doing those girly things that I occasionally want to do, although the only girly thing I've done really is watch girly movies. haha Tracy gets back tomorrow night, and I can't wait to see him!!

3 comments:

  1. You should do what mom does when everyone is gone. Blast Josh Groban, make a big fire in the fireplace, eat M&M's, and lay on the couch and read. It's true...I caught her once!

    P.S. You've Got Mail is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Karen is right that's what I do when I'm alone. But she forgot the part about singing loudly without my children making fun of me. You probably don't remember asking me what I wanted for my birthday and hearing my reply, "I want to be alone in my house for 4 hours". I would send you all to the movies with Dad. It was glorious. You will learn to appreciate the alone time. Opposition is good. You will also learn not to be scared. I mean, who dares bother a confident woman who dances and sings loudly for the the world to hear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I totally should have added that I, too, sing at the top of my lungs. hahaha. It's true.
    By the way, I chose Hello Dolly!! :)

    ReplyDelete