Monday, April 19, 2010

Me Time?

If you haven't noticed, there aren't too many pictures on here for the past couple of posts, and the reason behind that is that Tracy has the camera in west Texas for a class field trip. So I have depend on the pictures I already have . . . and they don't help me portray my "me time" at all.

Tracy's field trip lasts nine days, leaving me with a ton of alone time. Or does it? NOT!! I like how I won't even have a chance to miss him really. I'm spending that time doing so many awesome things!!

Last Friday and Saturday, I helped out with our stake youth conference and taught one of the workshops on Saturday. (P.S. A big thanks goes out to a certain all-powerful, all-knowing Being, you know who you are, who held off the rain until my outdoor workshop was done.) The theme was from Joshua 1:9--Be Stong! We had so much fun!! I love working with the youth, and I learn and grow from those activities probably as much as they do. Even though I spent a lot of time on youth conference with a hundred other people, I felt so good afterward.

Now, it's back to work and normal life (i.e. catching up on cleaning the house--you know, the pig sty I live in--oh yeah), until Thursday when I leave for a regional writing center conference in Louisiana. I'm presenting on the tutoring environment and how to make it more conducive to learning and collaboration. Hoighty-toighty, right?

Tracy and I will get back to College Station on Saturday to start it over again.

But I'll have basically all summer for "me time." Tracy will be working in Houston and coming home on the weekend. Needless to say, my house will be covered in projects, and I might want to have girls' night sleepovers in the middle of the week. Any takers?

I've found that having "me time" alone is really nice and I am looking forward to it for the summer (only a little though), but doing something for other people is a much better use of my time. I feel that I have accomplished something, and I know I won't get bored or lonely.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your Youth Conference went well. You are just what those youth need. That is where you belong right now. You are worthy of every inspiration you receive. I'm a proud mom!

    ReplyDelete