Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So Nice to Be Where I Belong

Imagine Louis Armstrong: Hello, Lacey! Well, hello, Lacey! It's so nice to have you back where you belong!

That's right. I am in Young Womens!! I will be working with the 12- and 13-year-old girls in my ward. I am so excited! I'm also going to camp with most of my Beehive girls at camp as the second year certification leader for the stake, so we'll be pretty darn tight soon.

Already I can feel that this calling will be a lot of work, from what I have witnessed the years and years my mom has been in Young Womens, but I can tell that I will love it. I know that my leaders' efforts made Young Womens significant for me. I grew so much(physically, mentally, and spiritually), made so many friends, and felt strong and close to God in part because of Young Womens, and now it is my turn to give back and pay it forward to them.

Plus, Young Womens will let me feel and be young again! You know, since I am so old at twenty-two.

For our first activity this week, we sewed pillow cases. I got to bust out my wicked awesome sewing machine (thanks again, Tracy). Those pillow cases were adorable!! We were tempted to have a sleepover with our new pillowcases.

I might belong in another calling later in life, but for now, I am where I belong. And I can't wait to get to work!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You will be perfect for those beehives! Remember when we were beehives, and we thought our leaders were SO cool! I bet those girls think you are awesome and look up to you so much! I can't wait to hear how it goes, especially girls camp this summer. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete