Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo: Here We Go!

One of the best ways to ensure you'll do something: tell someone you're going to do it and make yourself accountable to that person. Well, I suppose I am becoming accountable to whoever reads this blog.

I am going to participate unofficially in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The NaNoWriMo challenge includes writing 50,000 words in 30 days. That's about 1,667 words a day. This isn't going to be easy.

When I write, I revise. I reorganize, rewrite, reword. I revise. And then I revise more. The NaNoWriMo challenge requires that I leave behind my tendency to stew on and improve a sentence or paragraph and just keep going. This isn't going to be easy.

I have a few ideas for novels that I like, but I lack the confidence to share those ideas with the world. This challenge allows me to pursue at least one of those possible stories in a rather low-stakes way. But it still won't be easy.

I plan on sharing my experiences, progress, and lessons learned as I go through NaNoWriMo, so stay tuned.

Click here for more specific information about NaNoWriMo. And feel free to share your experiences if you decide to join me in this goal.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Lacey! This is so cool that you're doing this! I'm excited to see what you write (assuming you share it, of course :) ).

    ReplyDelete